There is probably no better way to see a country than to go on a road trip in your favorite vehicle. Whether it’s in an old-fashioned Winnebago or a brand-new campervan, you can be sure it will be an unforgettable experience.
Road tripping in RVs has become more popular than ever, with more and more people wanting to travel. Whether it’s because of the abundance of information that is available to us, how easy it is to book a trip, or because we pay so much attention to what others are doing, travel is one of the biggest fads since the turn of the century.
Of course, buying just any motorhome isn’t that easy. From spending money to finding one in great condition, it takes time to be able to call a campervan your own. To help you in your search for the perfect option, consider these tips for finding the hottest deals:
- Look for your motorhome during the off season. Sure, it will require more patience as it may mean putting off your road trip till next year, but you will probably be able to get a better deal when shopping when it’s not camping season. Why? Many a dealership will lower their prices when there are fewer potential customers. Go shopping when no one else is and you’ll probably find a deal that could never be beat during any other time of the year.
- Make sure to do your research. If you just set out to buy a Winnebago because you recognize the name, you may end up spending much more money than you should. Before setting out to spend money, do online searches to find websites that are all about motorhomes. On these sites, you’ll be able to find information on prices, as well as where you could buy a used motorhome that is in good condition.
- Consider buying a mildly used RV. While it may not always be a good idea, if you take your time, you could find a barely used RV that is being sold for less than the price of a brand-new one. Many RV owners have found their motorhome by finding great deals on “used” vehicles that only had a few months of use before being putting on the market.
- Keep your eyes open while out and about. A hot deal doesn’t always have to be at the dealership. While in a sense, you may feel more protected buying from a business, you may actually find a good deal from a retired couple who no longer want to travel in their motorhome. It isn’t always this way, but sometimes these motorhomes are offered cheaper while still in relatively good shape.
- What do you want? It may be impossible for you to find a campervan price on a large, luxury motorhome, so before shopping, determine what you want. What type of vehicle is truly important for your road trip and for your needs? If you want something that will give you a place to sleep and provide you with relative comfort while road tripping in your youth, a campervan could work out just fine for you.
- Don’t be afraid of making an offer. Let’s face it; everyone is looking to make a quick buck. Many times, an RV could be offered at a much higher price than it’s really worth. This is where your background research could come in handy; you could make a fair offer for the RV to the owner. Because both you and know what it should cost, it may be relatively easy to get them to go down on what they’re asking. Even if the price is fair, it never hurts to try.
- Look up on used RV websites. If you’re not picky about buying a used motorhome or campervan, there are plenty of websites where you can take a look at some used vehicles being sold at pretty low prices. While this isn’t suggested if you want to find one in PERFECT condition, you’ll be sure to find hot deals on a used vehicle that you could get a few years of good use out of.
Don’t just jump into buying a campervan because you saw a social media post of a friend who did it and it looked cool. Take your time to research the benefits of life on the road in a motorhome and the downsides to it, as well.
If it’s for you and you have the time and money to invest in this type of endeavor, you can be sure to find great deals with a little time and research. From Winnebago favorites to Adria caravans, as you talk to seasoned travellers and keep your eyes open, there is bound to be the perfect campervan for you out there. Happy shopping!